Enjoying the medicinal effects from the sun. Research studies show before antibiotics, sunlight was used to speed up the healing of wounds because it is an efficient germ killer. (Ref. Dr Marga Boyani.)
Sun avoidance is as hazardous to your health as smoking.
Sunlight triggers release of the ‘feel good’ hormone serotonin, which other than controlling your sleep pattern, body temperature and sex drive, lifts your mood and helps ward off depression.
Safe, regular sun exposure can eliminate or reduce depression.
With sunny skies in the forecast go ahead and safely enjoy your daily dose of Vitamin D. Remember that it is neither prudent nor healthful to bake yourself in direct sun for hours on end.
Safely enjoy the sun by following these guidelines.
1. Never burn and never expose yourself until the skin reddens. If you do not tan, reddening may occur in a very few minutes. Cover up or seek shade immediately at the first sign of pinkness.
2. If you begin your sunning program during summer, be sure to start with only a few minutes and gradually work up to more time as your skin adjusts.
3. Whenever your skin feels uncomfortably hot, seek shade or cover up. Remember that on a cool spring day, you may burn before you feel uncomfortable. Reddening means you have had too much exposure.
4. Once tanned, you may enjoy the sun until you feel uncomfortable or until you begin to redden over the tan.
5. Even dark-skinned people must be careful to gradually increase sunlight-exposure times.
#StandUpPaddleGirl #OceanLover #SunSeeker #OceanWarrior #SunSeeker #HolisticLiving #OceanSteward #ASeafarersJourney #SweetAndSalty #Maverick #WanderWoman #HolisticHoney #StandUpToTrash #VickiPatterson #WakeUpAndFroth #DanaPoint #StandUpPaddleboard